How to Care for and Maintain Your Knives
HOW TO USE KNIFE CORRECTLY
- The cutting edge of the kitchen knife is sharpened and is ready for use.
- This knife is designed for cooking and household use, do not use it for any other purpose.
- The handle of the knife may have a chemical smell when you have just bought it, however, this is harmless to the human body and the smell will gradually disappear after several times of using the knife.
- Do not use it when the blade is damaged or becomes deformed.
- Please be careful when cleaning the knife, otherwise, it would cause injury.
- Please place it out of reach of children. Do not use knives on extremely hard materials, such as metal or stones.
- Children who use knives should be under the supervision of adults.
- Do not heat the blade or burn it directly on or near the fire.
- The high temperature will deteriorate or damage the blade.
- Do not place the knife too close to the flames, otherwise, the handle may be bent or deformed.
HOW TO CARE KNIFE APPROPRIATELY
- The blade is made of stainless steel or high carbon stainless steel or Damascus steel, which is resistant to corrosion.
- Nevertheless, for better maintenance, please clean the knife and dry it thoroughly after use. Dirt or water left on the knife may cause the blade to rust.
- Do not wipe the blade with nonwoven nylon products.
- It is best to sharpen the knife once a week to keep it sharp. As for the Damascus kitchen knives, don’t sharpen them so frequently.
- We recommend hand-wash knives, don’t put them in the dishwasher or dryer to avoid contacting other hard materials to damage the knife.
HOW TO REMOVE RUST
- Clean and dry your stainless steel and carbon knives immediately after use, especially in the winter. Don’t exposure it in the air for a long time.
- Never put your knives in the dishwasher. Humidity, Salt, acid, and heat environment, all will damage your kitchen knife a lot.
- Never leave your wet knife in a sink or on a work surface.
- Clean and oil your knife before storing.
- When the blade is corroded, re-sharpen the knife.
More Great Recommendations